Social Science Lab
Social Science lab acts as an activity room for pupil-teachers as it combines academic experience with worldly knowledge making learning effective, lively and fun this lab provides children various options to learn better and to increase their cognitive and cooperative learning. This lab is well equipped with material required for the subject, which helps in creating and maintaining a much needed congenial atmosphere for effective learning.
Social Science Club
Social Science club is a student club. It aims at making children capable of becoming responsibly, Productive and useful members of the society. The activities focus on patriotism, Discipline, Understanding historical Culture, Social Science club organizes lots of programmes for creating social awareness through debates, discussion, talks by eminent personalities, exhibitions etc. The club also celebrate days of National and International importance.
Art & Craft Lab
Seth Banarsi Dass College of Education has well furnished art & craft resource centre that provides the students a space to express their aesthetic side also. The aim of this lab is to enhance students to bring forth their innovative power. In this lab various activities are performed and promoted such as pot decoration, wall hanging, flower arrangement, candle making, best out of waste material, chart & model making. By these activities our students i.e. pupil teacher learn the art of preparing & using teaching aids which help them to clarify their subject matter more easily & effectively.
Proficiency in computer application has now become an integral part of every teaching and training curriculum. The college has fully equipped computer laboratory with multimedia and internet connectivity. Students have free access to the computers to do their work.
The literary club is committed to tap effective communication talent among students, club is poised to enable the talents with cutting edge. To develop and hone the literary skills of the students, the club inspires students to develop a taste for literature and also works in the direction of expanding their horizon of spoken and written language. Its intricate agenda includes a variety of activities aimed at building up the confidence and grooming the talents of students in facing various interpersonal challenges and competitions.
The institute has a well equipped laboratory with all the equipments necessary for prospective teachers. This laboratory helps to facilitate teachings-learning of mathematics through learning by doing method.
Objectives of Mathematics Laboratory:-
- To provide readily accessible rich manipulative materials to emphasis on “learning by doing”.
- To develop an attitude of enquiry.
- Remove the weakness of present day mathematics education.
- To develop much needed confidence in students.
- To generate interest in the subject.
- To make the students divergent thinkers.
- To make the children to look for pattern and ask questions.
Ramanujan Mathematics Club
Mathematics club is developed to inculcate genuine interest in mathematical activities. The club organizes quiz, workshops, debate, celebration of mathematician birthday, production and exhibition of learning materials etc. This club is dedicated extra-curricular maths get togethers that breathe new life into maths beyond the classroom.
Objectives of Mathematics club:-
- Mathematics club helps in the proper utilization of leisure time.
- It helps in arousing and maintaining students’ interest in mathematics.
- It provides the students with opportunities to develop their explorative, creative and inventive faculties.
- It inculcates the habit of self-study and independent work among the students.
- It offers an ideal avenue for a free exchange of mathematical ideas and for frank and helpful criticism of these ideas.
- It provides an informal and a social atmosphere, which the classroom can hardly provide.
- It offers excellent opportunities for free consideration of matters of special interest to the members without the necessity of following any particular sequence as required in a classroom.
- It helps in developing heuristic and problem solving attitude among the students.
- It provides opportunities for students to translate the theory into practice and to apply their learning in daily life situations.
- It helps the student to imbibe social qualities like co-operation, tolerance, adjustment and open-mindedness, as they work in groups.
- It helps to meet individual needs of the students are every member gets an opportunity to work in his areas of interest.
- The informal knowledge acquired through mathematics club activities supplements classroom learning.
- Mathematics clubs extend learning beyond the limits of the classroom.
- Mathematics clubs may meet during school hours, their activities may often extend to out of school hours at home in the laboratory, in the field etc.
- Club activities provide first hand experiences to the learners as they participate in model making, arranging for exhibition, field work, laboratory work and so on.
Seth Banarsi Dass College of Education boast of a language lab. The laboratory has consoles for the learners along with a master console for the instructor.
Language lab is an audio-visual installation used in modern teaching methods to learn the foreign language it is a technological breakthrough for imparting skills in English. The lab offers an elusive result oriented and efficient way to enrich the English language learning process.
Major Benefits of our language lab:
• Auditory oriented: The direct sound transmission helps the students to follow the teacher’s instruction with clarity and ease.
• Comprehensive: The lab increases the pace of comprehension as students coaching is purely based on the level of study.
• Effective Leaning: The Lab Provides to learn the foreign language practice in a focussed setting that eliminates the feeling of self-consciousness.
• Focussed Guidance: It is easy to guide the groups by monitoring each student independently without disturbing the other students.
• Scope for self evaluation: The students can do a periodical self evaluation to measure their progress as well as evaluate their language skill.
• Independent Learning : Access to resources beyond the time table encourages the independent learning
• Overcome the fear : The automated learning environment removes one’s fear and creates a happy learning situation
This is used for teaching, consultancy and research activities. In this lab we have different tests and tools to access the intelligence, personality and creativity of the students.