An alumni association is an association of graduates or, more broadly, of former students (alumni).
These associations often organize social events, publish newsletters or magazines, and raise funds for the organization. Many provide a variety of benefits and services that help alumni maintain connections to their educational institution and fellow graduates. Most associations do not require its members to be an alumnus of a university to enjoy membership and privileges.
Additionally, such groups often support new alumni, and provide a forum to form new friendships and business relationships with people of similar background.
Vision of Alumni:
To engage the Seth Banarsi Dass College of Education community to support and advance the college’s excellence.
Mission of Alumni
The Seth Banarsi Dass College of Education Alumni Association fosters a lifelong spirit of belonging and pride by connecting alumni, students, and friends to the Seth Banarsi Dass College of Education. The Alumni Association advocates for the college and its alumni with a credible, independent and collaborative voice.
Aims and Objectives
- To promote and foster mutually beneficial interaction between the Alumni and the present students of the Seth Banarsi Dass College of Education and between the Alumni themselves.
- To encourage the formation of Chapters as a means to increase participation of Alumni.
- To enable the alumni to participate in activities that would contribute to the general development of the college.
- To arrange and collect funds for the development of the college.
- To encourage the Alumni to take an active and abiding interest in the work and progress of the Institute so as to contribute towards enhancement of the social utility of their Alma Mater.
- To organize and establish scholarship funds to help the needy and deserving students.
- To Institute prizes and awards for outstanding project work, research papers or other professional activity by the students of the Institute; also to suitably recognize outstanding social and community service by the Alumni and the students.
- To undertake to organize activities of a civic or charitable nature as also to increase public awareness of the role of technology in value addition in the economic and social development of the nation.
- To invest and deal with the funds and moneys of the Association.
- To take advantage of developing technologies like the internet in achieving the aims and objects of the Association.
- arrange get together of the alumni and social/cultural functions of the alumni;
- raise various endowment funds and award stipends out of it to the deserving students on need-cum-merit basis
- establish a link with the Seth Banarsi Dass College of Education alumni and enroll them as members